Sunny Days Egypt takes the issue of safeguarding your privacy seriously. All information we collect from hotel guests, visitors to the website, and the way in which uses this information is to better serve your needs.
This Privacy Notice has been adopted by all of the distinct legal entities that manage and operate Sunny Days Egypt branded hotels & resorts. Those entities include “Sunny Days El Palacio”, “Sunny Days Palma De Mirette” and “Sunny Days Mirette”.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that may identify or relate to you as an identifiable individual. The personal information that we collect about you could include:
- Identity information – such as name, age, gender, passport information, or data from government-issued identity cards;
- Contact information – such as your home address, zip/postal code, email address, and phone number;
- Images – such as CCTV images, publicly available photographs and images captured at events or during your stay
- Financial and payment information – such as your credit card details, itemized spending and transaction history;
- Reservation information – such as the type and location of the rooms you reserve and the dates of your reservations;
- Health information – where disclosed and relevant to the provision of services;
- Preference information – such as special requests, service issues, and other preferences for your stay;
- Public information – such as when we review public platforms to understand what you are saying about us or the hospitality industry;
- Technical information – such as information about the device you use to interact with us (including the unique device identifier, hardware model, IP address, geolocation, operating system and version, and mobile network information and unique device identifiers, in the case of our mobile App); and
- Correspondence information – when you contact us, such as to send an inquiry or make a request, any correspondence or application may be kept and added to your personal information.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to use our website.
- To help us recognize or identify you and any accounts you hold with us.
- To provide superior customer service to you;
- To assist us in making your reservation and providing the services you request at any of our properties;
- To process transactions through our website (including taking payment for purchases you may make through our website) and to assist in any inquiries about your transaction;
- For billing purposes in relation to your stay with us;
- To confirm prior transactions and reconcile statements or invoices;
- To contact you in relation to matters that arise from your stay with us;
- To send you newsletters or marketing communications regarding our properties and to advise you of promotions or to inform you of offers or other information that may be of interest to you (if, where required, you separately provide your consent for us to do so);
- To personalize and enhance your online and guest experience;
- To conduct surveys or focus groups to receive your views of our properties and service delivery (if, where required, you separately provide your consent to this);
- To respond to a specific “Information Request” from you about one of our hotels, and deal with any other inquiries, correspondence, concerns, or complaints you have raised;
- For marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes, such as through one of our on-line promotions or on third party social networks, consistent with your preferences and applicable law;
- To analyze customer trends and insights
- To operate our business, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, statistical and research purposes, and troubleshooting to help us improve our services.
We use your personal information on the following basis:
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, including financial reporting requirements imposed by government regulators and our auditors;
- To enter into agreements with you, and to perform our agreement to provide services to you when you stay with us;
- For legitimate business purposes – using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business and minimize any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalized to you, and to make your experience of our services more efficient and effective;
- Because you have given your consent – at times we may ask for your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more purposes. See the “Your Rights” section for more information about the rights that you have if we process your information on the basis of your consent;
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or as otherwise set forth in this Privacy Notice; or
- For the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or proceedings.
How and from what sources are personal information collected?
For each of the categories of personal information and purposes described above, we gather information when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for example:
- when you create a profile or sign in to access an existing profile on our website;
- when you make a purchase through our website;
- When you make a reservation online or by contacting a particular hotel directly or during your stay at a hotel, including information provided during check-in.
We also collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including comment cards and email communications sent to and from Sunny Days Egypt.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, such as our business partners and publicly available sources, or from other members of your traveling party or other individuals. We combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us.
Finally, we may collect your photograph from publicly available sources so that we can recognize you in order to provide you with superior customer service.
Cookies and other data
We, or our third-party partners, may use the data collected through cookies and similar technologies to remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the website; provide custom, personalized content and information; identify and contact you across multiple devices; provide and monitor the effectiveness of our website and perform analytics; diagnose or fix technology problems; detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and otherwise to plan for and enhance our online properties and services.
How do we protect personal information?
We use a variety of physical, technical, and administrative security measures and technologies to help preserve the integrity and security of your personal information, consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information that we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized access or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. Also, while we endeavor to put adequate contractual protections in place, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information in databases hosted by third parties.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is important to note that any e-mail communication is not secure. This is a risk inherent in the use of e-mail. Please be aware of this when requesting information or sending forms to us by e-mail (for example, from the “Contact us” section of our website). We recommend that you do not include any confidential information (e.g. credit card information) when using e-mail. For your protection, our e-mail responses to you will not include any sensitive personal information.
Finally, to be prudent, please be sure to always close your browsers when you are done using a form or the reservation site. Although the session will terminate after a short period of inactivity, it is best to close your browsers immediately upon completion, especially when using a public computer.
Providing personal information to third parties
For each of the categories of personal information, sources of information, and purposes described above, we may share certain of your personal information with:
- Other Sunny Days Egypt hotels, and managed properties
- Agents, contractors, or third-party service providers of Sunny Days Egypt who provide services to Sunny Days Egypt or on our behalf, including as needed to better serve your needs as a Guest or Owner
- Others with your consent or at your direction
- Escrow agents, third party lenders, and loan-servicing agents
- A prospective buyer, investor, or other third parties in the event that we are involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of any business or assets or similar business transaction
- Online advertising partners, analytics and search engine providers that assist Sunny Days Egypt in the improvement and optimization of the website, or for advertising, analytics, attribution or research purposes (see our Cookie Notice to learn more)
- Our professional advisors and auditors
- Local or foreign regulators, governments, courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities.
Where a third party engaged by Sunny Days Egypt processes personal information on our behalf, Sunny Days Egypt takes steps to contractually require these parties to protect your personal information in a manner consistent with the principles articulated in this Privacy Notice.
If you have chosen to join a subscription list, please note that they are only used for internal purposes and we do not sell or rent our subscription lists to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If Sunny Days Hotels & Resorts suspects any unlawful activity is taking place, it may investigate and/or report its findings or suspicions to the police or other relevant law enforcement agency.
We may also disclose information as may be required by law or legal process, or if we reasonably believe such disclosure is necessary to comply with legal process or the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Guests or Owners, or others.
Our website and online services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Except where we post, link to, or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to and we are not responsible for any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Transfers of your personal information outside your home country
Your personal information may be processed by Sunny Days Egypt and its third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
In particular, your personal information will be stored in your guest profile in our System located in Egypt and is available to all Sunny Days Egypt properties.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
Personal information retained
Your personal information will be stored for the period of time required or permitted by law in the jurisdiction of any hotel holding the information. This may involve retaining information following your stay. We will delete your personal information once it is no longer reasonably necessary for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
We will also keep your personal information where we need to do so in connection with a legal action or an investigation involving Sunny Days Egypt.
Any financial information Sunny Days Egypt retains will be protected under the terms of this Privacy Notice
To protect your personal information, we may require that you prove your identity to us at the time your request is made. This may involve providing us with information that we hold on file about you (e.g. a home or business address), or we may require you to produce some form of a photo or government-issued identification.
We understand that you may like to know what personal information we hold about you or to correct or delete certain information we hold about you. We are happy to assist you with your request.
Sunny Days Egypt reserves the right to decline a request to access, correct, or delete your personal information under certain circumstances as permitted by applicable law. In particular, there may be a variety of legitimate business reasons why we may be unable to delete your personal information and where we are permitted to decline your request to delete your information.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Sunny Days Egypt, you may indicate your wishes on your registration card when you stay with us or send an e-mail to [email protected] You will always have the ability to accept or decline any form of communication from Sunny Days Egypt. You may unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link included in such communications. Please note that you may not be able to opt-out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, technical and security, and notices).
UPDATES ON POLICY
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our platforms after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
In case of any queries related to this policy, you can contact us in one of the following ways.
Email us at [email protected]
Call us at +2 065 3616100
Send us a communication to P.O. Box 427, Hurghada, Red Sea, Arab Republic of Egypt.